Tuition and Fees
Prices include Israeli health insurance as well as social and cultural activities.
|Full Academic Year||$11,700||$3,600||$2,560|
|Full Academic Year + Internship||$12,550||$3,600||$2,560|
Intensive Winter Ulpan
(** Dormitories for the Winter Ulpan are only available for full-time students staying on for the spring semester)
|Spring Internship Program||$7,700||$2,475||$1,760|
|Language Only (per semester)*||$1,000||Not Available|
|Language Only (per semester)* for Israelies
Individual Course 3 credits (per semester)*
|July Courses- 1 Course||$1,600||
|July Courses- 2 Courses||$3,000||
|Supplement for Study Tour||$500||
|July Language Program||$1,400||
|August Language Program||$1,400||
|July and August Language Programs||$2,000||
|September Study Tour||$2,500||
|Summer Innovation Academic Tour||$2,500***||
*Students studying language only or an individual course for the semester are part time students and the fee does not include Israeli health insurance or student activity fees. Israeli health insurance for all part time students is manditory please see below for costs:
Academic Year: $510
** Dormitories for the Winter Ulpan are only available for students staying on for the spring semester.
***Tuition for the Summer Innovation Academic Tour is all-inclusive, flight ticket is not included.
- All fees are in US Dollars.
- There is a non-refundable $80application fee per academic year for all programs
- Students are required to make a $250 non-refundable deposit within 30 days of acceptance to the program. (For summer courses, deposit is per course).
- Tuition fees for semester and year full-time programs as well as winter ulpan and summer programsinclude social activity fees and health insurance.
- Dormitory accommodationsare available during the one-year, semester and degree programs only to those students enrolled in full-time programs of study. Dormitories are also available for students during summer programs based on availability.
- Meal plans are not provided in the dorms; students should plan to spend $500-$600 per month for food, independent travel, and incidental expenses. You may need a bit more for the first month to cover initial purchases of household items and books.
- Interestedstudents are permitted to take up to two courses on an individual payment basis in any one semester. These students will be considered part-time students. Part-time studentsare not eligible for campus housing and can not use campus services such as the library. Students who are interested in taking more than two courses will need to apply as full-time students and will pay the fees of full-time students.
Billing and Payments
Students are required to submit a $250 non-refundable deposit within 30 days of the date of their first bill in order to secure their spot in the International School. This amount will be deducted from the student's fees.
The full payment for the semester must be madetwoweeks before the program begins. Students who have not completed their payment will not be permitted to move into the student dormitories or to participate in courses.
An invoice will be sent to the student's email uponacceptance to the program. After each payment, the student will receive an email confirmation and an updated invoice will be sent to the student reflecting all payments made.
All fees are payable in U.S. Dollars, Euro, or Israeli Shekel. If a student chooses to pay in Euro or Israeli Shekel, payment must be made according to the Bank of Israel exchange rate on the day the student pays. However, the amount credited to the student's account will be based on the day the payment is received and deposited in Haifa. If there is a difference, the student will be expected to pay the difference.
You may pay for your fees in one of the following ways:
- Preferred Method: Personal, bank, or traveler's check made payable to the University of Haifa.
- Cash:Please be prepared with the exact amount as we can not guarantee that we will be able to make change
- Bank Transfer:
Branch - 562
University of Haifa – Account 186484
SWIFT address: Poalilit
If you pay by bank transfer, please fax or email the receipt to the International School, so that we can credit your account. You must transfer enough funds to cover your fees owed to the University of Haifa as well as any bank transfer fees charged by your bank or the receiving bank. Bank transfers are acceptable in US Dollars and Euros only. Shekel transfers are only acceptable through Israeli banks.
The University of Haifa is unable to accept credit cards.
Exchange Students and Exchange MA Students
Please note: Exchange students must pay, dorm fees (if living in dorms), activites fees, and health insurance.
- MA students who choose to enroll in English-language courses (up to two courses only) from the University of Haifa International School masters’ programs are not eligible for On-Campus housing. This is because these courses are on a different semester schedule than regular Study Abroad courses as well as the campus dorms schedule. Therefore, students in MA courses should seek Off-Campus housing options near the university.
Any student who wishes to cancel his participation or withdraw from a program of study at the University of Haifa must notify the International School in writing.The date of cancellation/withdrawal will be the date that the International School receives notification.
Application Fee: There is no refund of the application fee.
Tuition and Activities Fee Refunds:
Withdrawal prior to the first day of class:refund of all fees paid other than the non-refundable deposit for the current program/semester, and a refund of all fees for additional programs/semesters.
Withdrawal within the first three days of classes:75% refund of fees for the current semester and a refund of all fees for additional programs/semesters.
After three days: No refunds for the current semester can be made.A refund for all additional programs/semesters will be made in full.
Withdrawal prior to arrival: Refund of dormitory fees except for $250 non-refundable deposit.
After program begins: Refunds for the dorms for the current month cannot be made. If additional months of residence in the dormitory are cancelled in advanced, fees for the additional months will be refunded in full.
If a student has received a scholarship and decides to withdraw from the program, the International School will contact the scholarship source to determine whether scholarship funds should be refunded to the student or to the organization that granted the scholarship.